Saturday, June 7, 2008

Persistence and Faith


“Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.” Dale Carnegie – author


The powerful quote above illustrates the power behind persistence backed by unwavering faith. Lets analyze the statement in detail:

“The most important things in the world”: Think of the implications for your life. If the monumental events of human history have been accomplished when no hope was in sight then surely many events of our own personal lives pale in comparison. Conversely, this statement implies that by applying persistence we can overcome even the most catastrophic turn of events.

“accomplished by people” : “People,” whether collectively standing together with a purpose or persisting on alone have the same abilities to overcome insurmountable odds as all other people. Impossible only exists in the mind.

“kept on trying”: This does not imply using the same tactics and strategies, but rather never stopping looking for methods to accomplish your goal.

“no hope at all”: Behind all persistence must be an unwavering faith that succeeds hope. Hope and wishes will only get you so far. The power of persistence backed with Faith will allow nothing to stand in your way. The moment unwavering faith is applied to a situation the outcome has been decided.

The only person that is defeated is the one who believes himself to be defeated. All defeat is temporary when persistence is applied. Not blind persistence like a bee running into a window, but a persistence that says no matter what I will find a way! That is where the great mixing pot of faith and persistence blend together to create the necessary opportunity and perfect solution.




12 comments:

HEALTH NUT WANNABEE MOM said...

Very powerful post! I believe it 100% and sometimes just need a reminder. Thanks!!!

Sherer said...

Thanks HealthNut - I always appreciate your comments! note to readers - Go to HealthNut's site - she has some great ideas about healthy living!

Anonymous said...

Persistance is they to the success I believe. I also believe that persistance is the one virtue that will be the most tested amoung all. It will even seem hopeless at times but the minute "we" decide to continue is the moment "we" finally master persistance. Powerful blog Jesse, I couldn't have said it any better.

Sherer said...

Thank you Anonymous, "the minute we decide to continue is the moment we finally master persistence - A TEST WE ALL MUST PASS. the test is the hardest you will face, but the rewards are great.

Bob Johnson said...

Another great post sherer. Persistence and Faith is what it has been all about in my life, whether you think you can or you can't you're probably right.

Sherer said...

Thanks for sharing Bob, I would like to hear about your life sometime. I am sure it would be a great story! Thanks for stopping by.

Swubird said...

Sherer:

I agree with you all the way on this one. True power to accomplish anything, to over come anything, literally to do anything is a state of mind. The only other vital ingredient is the will to get up and put those thoughts into action. It's like my dearly departed friend used to say, "Keep on truckin."

Interesting, thought provoking

Happy trails. post.

Sherer said...

"Keep on Trucking" all that needs to be said - thanks SWUbird

Anonymous said...

Truly an excellent piece Sherer...would you consider joining the MW Society? You are an excellent writer. Check it out by clicking on the Raven emblem at my site. Drop me an email if you want.

Take care.
~JD

Sherer said...

Supplicant, I have heard a little about this society and I am interested. I will look into it - I really appreciate you stopping by!

Babs (Beetle) said...

I'm glad you left a comment on my site, which made me come here.

Very powerful posts and all so true. I only wish I had learned this when I was younger. So often I said "I can't do that" ;O)

Sherer said...

Hey Babs- your welcome - i loved your site - i will be back in the future