Thursday, October 2, 2008

Bailout, Election, and Social Revolution


We live in tumultuous times. The government of our fine country calls for a financial bailout (or rescue) package, the coming election promises change to the nation, and the world sits on the edge of their seat in anticipation. The consequences are not limited to the United States of America as the world economy hangs in the balance as well. The emotions of the world teeter on a thread. Americans are losing their homes, their jobs, and their peace of mind. The world calls for a new ways of commerce, human interaction, and peace. The revolution has begun; the world may never be the same!

The social revolution I speak of is the beginning of a new value proposition that individuals, corporations, and even governmental bodies must embrace. Now more than ever we must come together and realize that money is nothing but innate matter! True commerce exists in the exchanging of value, or the conversion of raw materials, thereby adding value. The world is in a state that we must change our idea of what we think as valuable.

Values the New Revolution must embrace:

1. Honesty: In our world of commerce honest is not valued. In fact many successful companies acquire great wealth based upon lies and deception. Much of the current financial situation we are in is based upon lack of honest and forthright information traded between companies and organizations. Our value proposition needs to change from admiring the businesses’ shrewd in deceit, to admiring the most honest and reliable companies. Truth and honesty ensure freedom.

2. Wisdom: In the space age of technology information becomes supreme. However, without wisdom to evaluate and disseminate the information, that information can become a dangerous weapon. Our society has lost respect for our elders, the unchanging principles that guide commerce, and the virtue of patience. Only by a change in values will we be able to transform our information into wisdom.

3. Spiritual Power: Unity comes through recognition of the Spirit. Our modern day and age has found itself with a new found interest in spirituality. The fuel to this spiritual fire will only grow as men and women once again begin to understand the bond power behind all things. Individual power, corporate power, and organizational power can only be individualized through the recognition of the universal.

4. Faith: “Faith is the element which transforms the ordinary vibration of thought created by the finite mind of man, into the spiritual equivalent (Napoleon Hill).” Our society has lost the value of what faith means. Religious organizations have long told us to have faith, but do not instruct us on how to do so. Dr. Hill here explains that faith is combined with our thoughts in a powerful collaboration that imbues us with spiritual power. Our society must become one that values statements of faith, thoughts imbued with faith, and individuals strengthen by their great unwavering faith.

Beautiful symbolic picture by Wallyg


17 comments:

Caroline said...

If corporations and government in our country (and the rest of the world) followed these 4 principles...we would not be in this mess. There is a great quote by Buddha "Three things cannot be long hidden: The sun. The moon. And the TRUTH."

I believe in karma and truth. I live my life by these principles...they are powerful.

Wall street is an excellent example of karma...living life based on greed, stealing, and lying will eventually come back and "bite you in the ass." Sorry, not very spiritually written...but it's the truth!

Sherer said...

Haha, "bite you in the ass" thats awesome - I love it. Thanks for the comment, and I can't agree with you more. Especially when we are referring to governements and economies. They need to be even more responsible collectively than an individual.

Thanks you for your thoughts.

Jesse

J Sherer said...

Excellent post, Dr. Sherer. The world is governed by a set of principles both spiritual and scientific in nature. God created them to be one and the same. The sun rises, and then it sets. 2 + 2 = 4. If you lie, cheat, and steal, you run the risk of ruining the world. Some people will skate by, for a time, but in the end it will collapse.

We cannot be perfect as a human race, but still we must strive to be as close as possible. Community is essential to that process. That way, when I fail, I have others around me to call it out, but also help me back up.

Sherer said...

J, Thanks for stopping by sir. A great point you make in bringing up the concept of community. Often overlooked, is the collective consciouness of a group of people. Power in numbers is great.

Bob Johnson said...

Great post Jesse, I think we are in the state we are in today because none of your values listed are being followed by the majority of people and certainly not on Wall street, even in Government, the people supposidely in power, they get where they are through compromise and bending the truth.

It has to start with each individual person to make these values their own, I don't see it coming from anyone in charge, if there is anyone out there that has the ability to lead the revolution,I haven't seen or heard of them.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jesse

I'm not sure if you received the email announcing the reopening of The Society of Midnight Wanderers as The MW Society Press (www.mwsociety.wordpress.com). We have an update emblem for you to upgrade.
As well check out the site ... submit an article. We would love to see you there!
Take care.
~JD

Sherer said...

Bob,

Thank you for the comments I couldnt agree with you more. I wanted to write something that is about actual current events and kind of integrate it into the blog. Hopeful people we read and get perhaps a hint of insipiration.

Jesse

Sherer said...

JD,


I will check out that site, I must have missed that e-mail. I am excited to see the society head in new and exciting directions.

I am very very very disappointed however, to see that you have discontinued your blog. I really enjoyed reading your work. I think your talent is amazing. I wish the world could read it.

Jesse

Anonymous said...

Hi Jesse

Hi Jesse!
I still am maintaining my blog "The Uneasy Supplicant" (I know I said otherwise) but only as a photo blog. I still intend to publish my work at the MW Society Press on a regular basis. I hope to see you there and your work there as well my friend. :-) The MW Society Press is a site that I believe in and I will make it work. So please...come by my friend. And don't be disappointed. My words can be found there.
~JD

Anonymous said...

Another interesting post - and so true. The time has come for a shake up. When all the financial crisis was going on I found myself thinking 'Where is all this money?' All these billions of dollars are just numbers in cyberspace. Greedy dealers buy and sell from each other - moving it around. But it's not 'real' money. As you rightly say "True commerce exists in the exchanging of value, or the conversion of raw materials, thereby adding value. The world is in a state that we must change our idea of what we think as valuable."
When will we learn??

Sherer said...

JD,

Sounds good, I am glad to hear it. I'll be sure to check out your photos. I may even have to use one for one of my posts!

Thanks,

Jesse

Sherer said...

Healing Stones,

I appreciate your comment. Interesting question you ask.."when will we learn?" I don't have anything close to an answer....

Jesse

Swubird said...

Sherer:

Very well put, and I agree with everything you've written.

If something doesn't change soon, and by something, I mean the fundamental way we look at the world around us in the 21-Century, then this great nation of ours may not make it to the 22-Century. We must never forget that American Democracy is an ongoing experiment, and the whole world is watching to see if we can make it work not only through the best of times, but also through the worst of times. And for those who think the worst of times have already come and gone, I can only say that they haven't seen anything yet.

Happy trails.

HEALTH NUT WANNABEE MOM said...

I must tell you how much I love this post. You always make me feel better and thoughtful somehow. I am so happy to know that someone of your spirit is around and I can always stop by to lift my own up!

Sherer said...

SWUBird,


What a comment. I think you win the comment award for the post! I can't agree with you more. We are such a young country, I think the future will be very exciting!

Jesse

Sherer said...

Heidi,

Thank you for your comment. It is a great honor, if I can make one person feel inspired, then its all worth while.

Jesse

Anonymous said...

Hey there! Come visit my blog. I have a new post that might interest YOU!